i'm scared!
this is a shitty economy and i'm electing to leave a job that i have for, well, none. i'm not into savannah, and my job is the worst one i've ever had but still... AM I CRAZY?
i'm getting worried because not even the boston public library is hiring. i've applied for the 3 (count them...) 3 jobs that i'm qualified for and have had no luck so far. but i also know that if i'm not home in june, i won't be able to interview for jobs in boston. any academic jobs will post over the summer and i need to be in town if i want a chance. i don't have the vacation time to go between savannah and boston. nor do i have the money to do so. plus, lee needs to go see his mom more often and he surely won't be spending more of his vacation time on me. this all sucks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Maybe you just needed to vent, in which case I would agree that it does suck. It is a very hard time to job search and you work in an industry that isn't flush with funds at the moment.
In the case that you wanted opinions/advice, I would say that you aren't crazy. Your mental health and emotional happiness are valuable things. As long as you think you guys can pay your bills, you should go back to Boston. It might mean taking a job outside of your field to get by, but maybe you can stay connected through volunteering or some other means until the right job comes along. Or, maybe you will get a job that you want when you can be there to aggressively job search.
Either way, I'd give you a big hug if I could and I wish you lots of luck. Also, give my best to Lee and his mom.
You aren't crazy. I don't know how you and Lee made it all this time apart, and the crazy thing would be to deal with the separation for another year. Your goal was a full school year of work on your resume. You got it. Now you get to go back home. Some thing will turn up.
thanks guys :) you're the best!
Isn't there a saying that it's always darkest before the dawn? Seems pretty appropriate. :)
Post a Comment